Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Machu Picchu and the travel pillow

6.13.13: Going to Machu Picchu.

Last fall, my friend from college, Carlee, made a visit out to the midwest in order to attend the wedding of another of our college friends, Sarah, and her fiance, Leverett.  On the drive back to Chicago from Michigan Carlee left her travel pillow in the trunk of our car.  After taking her to the airport, we got home, unpacked the car, and found the travel pillow.  "Well, I guess I should email Carl and see if she wants us to mail this," I said to Will.  "No need to rush," said Will, and as I walked into the living room he snapped the travel pillow around his neck and laid down on the couch to watch the Bears game.  He continued in this manner for the remainder of the season.  By this spring, Will's most common around-the-house apparel included pjs, slippers, and the travel pillow.  I think he found the option of spontaneous naps very appealing.  So, when we packed up in late May to head to South America, the travel pillow was snapped to Will's backpack.  It accompanies us just about everywhere...



even to Machu Picchu.




Which is really the purpose of my entry today.  To share with you the link to a Flickr photostream where you can see a many more of our pictures from Machu Picchu*:
Flickr photostream

Enjoy!
Cher

*Endnote: please excuse the incorrect spelling on all the file names posted on Flickr that say "Macchu Pichu" when they should say "Machu Picchu."  If I could find an easy way to correct this, I would.  However, given the volume of pictures, the fact that our editor quit after Will's last blog (so now there isn't anyone except the voice in my head insisting on this correction) I am going to skip this minor detail for now.

1 comment:

  1. So excited my travel pillow has its own post! Consider it my bon voyage present to you crazy kids! Glad it is getting used and having so much fun following along on your adventure!

    ReplyDelete